This week I thought I'd give selfies a rest, and focus on something I thought you guys would find useful. Here are my top make-up brushes that I'm loving at the moment and makes make-up application soooo easy
- Full Coverage Face (Bobbi Brown) - Amazing for foundation application, you can really buff it into the skin and leaves a beautiful air-brushed finish.
- Domed Shadow Brush (Real Techniques) - Although it's meant to be for eyeshadow, it's my go-to brush to smooth out under-eye concealer and other areas of the face such as around the nose.
- Multi-Task Brush (Real Techniques) - Perfectly shaped for blush application. The round-shaped hairs makes it really easy to use on the apple of the cheeks as well as brush upwards towards the cheekbones without it looking patchy. You can also use for powder and bronzer!
- Bronzer Brush (Clinique) - This brush has definitely made the cut as it is my oldest brush to date and it's still thick and hairy as ever! The hairs have not shed one bit and it hasn't lost its shape at all! Although it's a bronzer brush, I only bronze the neck/chest area with this, and use as a powder brush for the face.
- 109 Small Contour Brush (M.A.C. Cosmetics) - This is the first brush I use when I'm applying the first contour shade to the cheekbones/going for a light contoured look. Hairs and nice and short and dense so I'm able to control where I'm contouring the face.
- 168 Large Contour Brush (M.A.C Cosmetics) - This brush is angled in a way that it fits perfectly in the hollows of the cheeks to give that real smooth defined contour on the face. I usually use the edge of this brush to apply the darker contour shade.
- Fan brush - I'm still using the same ons from the free brush set I got from my make up course many years ago! I have recently starting using this to apply powdered highlighter in the common highlighter areas on the face such as above the cheekbones and down the bridge of your nose. The fanned hairs means I can brush the highlighter evenly and smoothly.
- Blending Brush (Kryolan) - This is possibly the best blending brush ever when it comes to blending out eyeshadow. I've had it for years but I can't let it go! It's pointed tip means I can get right into the crease of the eye without the eyeshadow going all over the eye. Really good to build dark shadow when doing a smokey eye and leaving a nice smooth/blended look. I've had it for so long that I think they've changed the colour of it, I got it when it was fluorescent pink, not sure what it is now!
- 266 Angled Brush (M.A.C. Cosmetics) - If you ever struggle to get a defined feline flick with gel eyeliner, this is your answer! Soooo easy to get into the inner-corners of the eyes too. Ever since I switched from Bobbi Brown's fine eyeliner brush to this, my eyeliner game has been stronger than ever!
It felt like forever when I was waiting for my Bombay Hair Gold Wand to come back into stock, but when it finally arrived, I couldn't wait to try them out straight away!!
The reason why I decided it was time for some new curlers was because I'd noticed my Babyliss 1 inch curling tongs were getting on a bit and it wasn't holding in curls as good as it used to.
Anyway, I've heard such amazing things about Bombay Hair as a brand, and it's gained so much popularity especially in the past year - I just had to give it a go. I actually managed to get 40% off as I found out I could use a promo code so I got it for £40! The fact there was a waiting list to even order them - it was already a good sign!
The box contains:
- The wand
- A little stand to hold up the wand
- Heat protective glove (you definitely need to wear this when you're curling!I've burnt myself soon many times even if it JUST about touched my skin so be careful)
✅ From watching YouTube videos of the best way to curl with this wand, I thought I'd try doing it in big chunks (I never usually curl like this). I managed to curl all my hair in 10 chunks and it took me no more than 15 mins! Definitely saved me a lot of time but got even better results!
✅ I absolutely LOVE the type of curl it left in my hair.. Almost like loose beachy waves but a little more defined! You could definitely attempt to do vintage waves with this wand too. If you're looking for tighter curls - this wand isn't for you.
✅ Instead of getting frizzy bits which tend to happen when you curl hair in smaller bits, my hair was smooooothe and defined.. Maybe it's the 100% pure titanium! I could definitely tell the difference
✅ Hair stayed wavy until I washed my hair again 4 days later - AMAZING!
✅ It really wasn't hard to curl it.. And I'm not just saying this because I'm a professional! It's really hard to get it wrong!
🚫 I timed how long it took to heat up properly.. It was over 1.5 mins.. Which compared to other tools on the market such as GHDs- it's quite a long time to wait. Not what I want during bookings!
🚫 The stand- which comes separately. It's so small and I can imagine losing it quite quickly especially during bookings! Or even in my own room!
🚫 I wish it came with a protective bag so I can put the wand in there in case it
More hair and make up reviews go to my main blog page www.reyamore.com/beauty-blog
Follow me on my journey to fight my long-term battle with acne on my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC46MEMLLUuP2UoQza5D7RJg
Yay or Nay?
Was my review the deal maker? Let me know what you thought by commenting below the post.