I'm definitely seeing a liquid lipstick craze for 2016! This time, I'm testing out Kat Von D's new Liquid Lipsticks.
So I took a little detour on the way to work and I ended up at the Kat Von D counter that is exclusively in Debenhams, Oxford Street.
First of all - the packaging.
Its slick, and I love the design of the whole thing. The variety of shades were amazing, and not your 'typical' pinks, reds and nudes. I was going to buy a navy blue but then I thought 'hmmm would I really where this out?!' so I opted for a gorgeous vamp-y shade called 'Damned- Black Cherry' which is a really deep dark plum - almost black! GORGE.
Right, what did I think of the product?
- When I first put it on, the colour was a lot lighter than the I expected. So I layered it on a couple more times and I got the desired shade I wanted. The consistency wasn't sticky whatsoever which I was surprised about. Really nice and smooth, without the feel of a thick gloopy layer on my lips. I remember the retail artist mentioning that the colour gets darker when it starts drying and OH MY GOD it totally did! My lips were almost black but I LOVED it.
- So I put it to the 'eating' test to see whether it had good staying-power. Surprisingly IT DID! yey! Compared to the Huda Beauty Liquid Lipsticks, it definitely stayed more in tact after a meal.
- Hardly had to re-apply which again - GREAT
- Lips didn't feel dry or didn't dry out after an hour or two.
- RRP. £16. Compared to other brands, I would say its not too bad of a price point. Cheaper than Huda.
- Quite difficult to take off even with a good waterproof make up remover, it smeared all around my mouth. Not sure if thats a good thing?!
To see more hair and make up reviews check out the rest of my blog http://www.reyamore.com/beauty-blog
Follow me on my journey to fight my long-term battle with acne on my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC46MEMLLUuP2UoQza5D7RJg
Yay or Nay?
Was my review the deal maker? Let me know what you thought by commenting below the post.