This week I thought I'd give selfies a rest, and focus on something I thought you guys would find useful. Here are my top make-up brushes that I'm loving at the moment and makes make-up application soooo easy
- Full Coverage Face (Bobbi Brown) - Amazing for foundation application, you can really buff it into the skin and leaves a beautiful air-brushed finish.
- Domed Shadow Brush (Real Techniques) - Although it's meant to be for eyeshadow, it's my go-to brush to smooth out under-eye concealer and other areas of the face such as around the nose.
- Multi-Task Brush (Real Techniques) - Perfectly shaped for blush application. The round-shaped hairs makes it really easy to use on the apple of the cheeks as well as brush upwards towards the cheekbones without it looking patchy. You can also use for powder and bronzer!
- Bronzer Brush (Clinique) - This brush has definitely made the cut as it is my oldest brush to date and it's still thick and hairy as ever! The hairs have not shed one bit and it hasn't lost its shape at all! Although it's a bronzer brush, I only bronze the neck/chest area with this, and use as a powder brush for the face.
- 109 Small Contour Brush (M.A.C. Cosmetics) - This is the first brush I use when I'm applying the first contour shade to the cheekbones/going for a light contoured look. Hairs and nice and short and dense so I'm able to control where I'm contouring the face.
- 168 Large Contour Brush (M.A.C Cosmetics) - This brush is angled in a way that it fits perfectly in the hollows of the cheeks to give that real smooth defined contour on the face. I usually use the edge of this brush to apply the darker contour shade.
- Fan brush - I'm still using the same ons from the free brush set I got from my make up course many years ago! I have recently starting using this to apply powdered highlighter in the common highlighter areas on the face such as above the cheekbones and down the bridge of your nose. The fanned hairs means I can brush the highlighter evenly and smoothly.
- Blending Brush (Kryolan) - This is possibly the best blending brush ever when it comes to blending out eyeshadow. I've had it for years but I can't let it go! It's pointed tip means I can get right into the crease of the eye without the eyeshadow going all over the eye. Really good to build dark shadow when doing a smokey eye and leaving a nice smooth/blended look. I've had it for so long that I think they've changed the colour of it, I got it when it was fluorescent pink, not sure what it is now!
- 266 Angled Brush (M.A.C. Cosmetics) - If you ever struggle to get a defined feline flick with gel eyeliner, this is your answer! Soooo easy to get into the inner-corners of the eyes too. Ever since I switched from Bobbi Brown's fine eyeliner brush to this, my eyeliner game has been stronger than ever!
Yay or Nay?
Was my review the deal maker? Let me know what you thought by commenting below the post.