People often think eye creams are for 'older/mature women' or you should only start using it from the first signs of ageing - that's where you're wrong.
What are the benefits of eye creams and which ones really work?
I started using an eye cream a few years ago when I began working on skincare counters. I noticed I was selling them to a spectrum of women, not just the older ones. For that reason, as I reached my mid 20s, I started getting paranoid about my 'dark circles' (which probably didn't exist and all I needed was 8 hours of sleep every night!). I heard Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair eye serum was a popular one and it didn't just target fine lines and wrinkles, it also helped with dark circles and uneven skin tone which I was looking for.
I used it religiously day and night, and although I didn't see a difference with my dark circles immediately (which I knew would take some time) I instantly saw a difference in another way. Being a MUA, why have I never used eye cream before?! This stuff was a incredible and since then I have never turned back. Every day (day and night) without FAIL.
The benefit of using an eye cream/serum
- Instantly smoothes out your concealer. My make up has never been so long lasting until I started eye cream.I couldn't believe the difference and it just made me think what the hell I was doing without eye cream this whole time! Try it - you will see and feel the difference instantly! I recommend it to every client I come across.
- Concealer is less 'creasy' and dry looking underneath my eyes and I don't have to worry about reapplying.
- Remember, your under eye area is 10 times thinner than the rest of your skin on your face, therefore you have to treat is differently. Why do you think the first signs of ageing starts around your eyes? Keep that area hydrated at all times people!
- Over a period of time you do start noticing your dark circles lessen over time - thats if you buy one thats good quality and it targets dark circles. I felt like I didn't need to wear as much concealer!
- There are creams and serums, I personally prefer a cream as I like to keep my under eye area as hydrated as possible due to the nature of my job where I have to have a full face a make up everyday.
- HOWEVER, remember its not a magic cream! You still need your 8 hours sleep, drink plenty of water and eat healthy to stay looking refreshed and youthful!
Here are some eye creams/serums I've tried, see what they are and what I thought of them:
La Mer Eye Concentrate (£140)
- PRO - Probably the best eye cream out of the ones I've tried.
- PRO - Its light but creamy texture makes it easy to put all over the under eye area. You get a little applicator with it to massage and stimulate the area which feels good.
- PRO - I started noticing my dark circles were less after a month or so.
- PRO - Amazing underneath concealer, up until the tub finished.
- CON - The price!! for £140 for 15ml, you better make it last the whole year!!
Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus (£32.00)
- PRO - Texture is super creamy but not heavy. I can see this tub will last me a very long time. I never really buy anything from Clinique but I thought I'd give it a go. As I mentioned I like to have a creamier texture because of the amount of make up I have to wear. I didn't necessarily buy it for fine lines and wrinkles but lets see if it makes a difference! I just started using this last week so I'm unable to give a honest review just as yet, but so far so good! Will let you know in a month or two.
- PRO - Price! You know you're not breaking the bank with this one.
Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum (£46)
PRO - The thin texture means it was easier to glide on. A little went a long way!
- PRO - I absolutely fell in love with this when I first bought it, it really kept my under eye area hydrated all day and my concealer went on so smooth on top.
- PRO - Price. again its not that bad considering it would easily last you 6 months even if you used it day and night.
- CON - The reason why I didn't purchase it again once it ran out was because I felt like it stopped working after a few months. Eyes felt drier, my concealer would crease a lot more. Its like my skin became so immune to it that it just didn't work as well after a period of time. My sister also said the same thing.
More hair and make up reviews go to my main blog page www.reyamore.com/beauty-blog
Follow me on my journey to fight my long-term battle with acne on my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC46MEMLLUuP2UoQza5D7RJg
Yay or Nay?
Was my review the deal maker? Let me know what you thought by commenting below the post.